Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Home is Where the Heart is

Hello friends! We hope you're enjoying this Thanksgiving week! We're thankful this week for our meetings with friends & students, Christmas music, singing & nesting. :)
---------------

Photos #23, 24, 25, 26, 27--Nesting: Since we received our wedding photos last week, I printed some off and found some nice frames (not an easy task), and started nesting a bit more!
We also found some nice scripture wall hangings, in Vietnamese and English:
This one in Vietnamese is Joshua 24:15b--"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
When I went to print some wedding photos, I forgot that photo measurements here are in centimeters not inches. So when I asked for 6x8, I got 6cm x 8cm...smaller than expected! So I made this with the "oops" photos.

Photo #28--Orange Juice: Pedro & I have both been sniffling and sneezing a little this week, so I bought a kilo of oranges to make orange juice. Prayer + Vitamin C = Healthy Borgeses!
Photo #29--Joining the Choir: If you followed our separate blogs in March of this year, you know that Pedro & I both participated in singing at the Vietnamese church for the 100 year celebration of the church in Vietnam. We sang one night with the Vietnamese church choir (in Vietnamese) and another night singing "Prince of Peace" in English with the International Fellowship. The VN church invited the international church to sing again at their Christmas Eve service. This Sunday we had our first choir practice. We've broken up to sing a 4 part harmony, and it sounds great! Here's Pedro singing with the bass section:
Photos #30 & 31--Happy Teacher's Day!: November 20th was Teacher's day, which is another greatly celebrated holiday in Vietnam. Like on Women's Day, the streets are lined with people selling flower arrangements. Pedro came home from teaching with a flower basket and homemade cake! The next day some of his students came over for dinner and brought a basket as well!
Bless you this week as you reflect on the many provisions and blessings you experience in your life. Give thanks to Him!!

3 comments:

  1. I love your photos! They are beautiful! Isn't it fun to nest? Especially to Christmas music! ;) I hope you guys are feeling better! By the way, I showed my dad your home tour video and he loved it! :) Lots of love to you two!! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I'm excited now to add some Christmas decor! Hopefully we'll have some pics of that for next week. Say hi to your dad for us!! :) And all your fam! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you post so many pictures with your blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete