Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fun & Games

Hey everyone! We hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Here's a little of what we've been up to this week!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Photo #32--Human Skeleton: Last year, I lived with a Korean family that goes to the international fellowship here. A few times a week, I would teach the two children English, science, math and Bble. The mom asked me to still teach some after I got married, but I haven't had a lot of free time. Recently we worked out our schedules so I can come to their house once a week for dinner and teaching, while Pedro is teaching late. The mom always sends dinner home with me for Pedro :)
This is John. Right now we're studying the body systems.
Photos #33, 34--Our first Thanksgiving!: Though Pedro & I also spent Thanksgiving together last year, this was our first Thanksgiving as a family :) We had a great time celebrating with our friends and family in Vietnam.
Photo #35--Turkey Pot Pie: The day after Thanksgiving we went to the Western restaurant, Bread of Life, for their Thanksgiving leftover special, Turkey Pot Pie. It was delicious!
Photo #36--Bananagrams!: Friday night Pedro got home from work and was telling me that he played Bananagrams with some students at work. He didn't know we had the game at home (we'd never played it together before), so I told him, and we played a game after dinner. It came down to 1 tile each at the end, and Pedro won.
Photo #37--Dentist: Saturday morning we went to the dentist for check-ups/cleanings. It's $5-$10 for a cleaning!! My sensitive little teeth had a few cavities (yuck), but I got them filled then & there, and we walked away paying a total of $40! A great investment if you ask me.
Photos #38, 39, 40--UCSI Picnic: On Saturday afternoon, UCSI (the English center where Pedro works) had a picnic to celebrate the end of the term. There were games, snacks and cake! We had a fun time seeing Pedro's students and the UCSI staff. Yummy cake too!
Photo #41--Amazing Art: One of Pedro's students is in university, studying interior design. We knew she was a good artist by the drawing assignments we've seen her post on Facebook. We were surprised and very touched this week when she presented us with this drawing she made for us. She is a sweet girl, and we are very blessed by this thoughtful gift.
Photo #42--Home for Christmas: Though we're not "home" where our families are for Christmas this year, we're making our home here feel Christmassy nonetheless. (Use your imagination with the TV in the photo...we had the movie Elf playing!)

Have a wonderful week! Please let us know how you're doing and what you've been up to!

1 comment:

  1. Fun fun!! Can you believe I still have never played Bananagrams? I will have to remedy that! Your place looks so cozy! :)

    ReplyDelete