Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Holiday Season in Photos

I don't know about you but I love Fall, and the "warmth" and coziness that comes along with it. Fall looks quite different in Southeast Asia than it does in the Pacific Northwest, but with rainy days and an early setting sun, there are enough similarities for me.

The similarities include events and activities that go along with the rain and early setting sun: staying home, reading, watching movies, impromptu dance parties, game nights with friends, baking with neighbors and dinner parties. I love spending time with friends, and also cozy at home. There's a lot of bonding and friendship building that happens when people are inside together, avoiding the rain & cold (yes, it gets cold in Vietnam!).

For the remaining weeks of 2011, I'm going to try to document our holiday activities and outings with pictures. I want this season to last as long as possible, so here I am stating that as far as I am concerned, it is the holiday season.
(I've been making pumpkin bread and listening to Christmas music for the past month...)
Happy Thanksgiving! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

Photo #1--Fall food: My first attempt at beef, carrot & potato stew. It turned out pretty yummy!

Photo #2--Happy husband: Pedro enjoyed the harvest-colored meal :)

Photo #3--Women's Day with Victory House: At Orphan Voice we house girls who have aged out of the orphanages, in order to give them a safe place to live, go to school, and learn life skills with a Believing house mother. For Women's Day (about equivalent to Valentine's Day in the US) we took them some flowers to honor them. They were excited to receive the small gift.
Photo #4--Women's Day with Pedro: Pedro took me out to dinner for Women's Day! (He also brought home for me a rose and a Snickers bar!!)
Photo #5--Com Nhieu (Rice in a clay pot): Women's Day meal. Very delicious!
More pictures and holiday stories coming soon! Have a wonderful time making your own memories this holiday season :)

Blessings on you and your family!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so darn cute! I am missing you like crazy and can't wait for another breakfast date someday! I'm glad you are enjoying the beginning of the holidays, and that you can cozy in from the rain! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete