Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer's here already!

Summer's here, and we can't wait to see what God will bring!

Audrey and I have been keeping a good balance between being busy and relaxing.

We're loving our new church, and we've been learning a lot during the current sermon series on the book of Galatians. We recently took the membership class, and just have to undergo a sort of interview before we officially become covenant members. Can't wait. We've also joined a home group, and it's been great. We meet every other week for Bible study/discussion/prayer, and occasionally we meet just to hang out. Last week we went on a picnic to a local park, and next week we're getting together for a game night, which should be fun.

Audrey's doing great in her pregnancy so far. She had the occasional craving during the first trimester, and didn't really eat a lot in general. Lately, though, things are changing. Our visits to Taco Bell are more frequent, and we'll eat seemingly random foods every once in a while. Yesterday we went to Krispy Kreme for National Donut Day and had a free donut, which was perfect because Audrey had been talking about donuts recently.



Speaking of donuts, I've been on the Jenny Craig program for about a month and a half now. So far I've lost about 15 pounds, and I have another 10 or so to reach my goal. I plan to be on the program for the rest of the month of June, and then I'll try to either lose the remaining pounds (if I haven't reached my goal) or stay at whatever weight I'm at. It's been good.

Some things we're looking forward to is that Audrey's parents will be visiting us in early July for a couple of days, during which time we're planning on going to San Antonio and Austin with them. Also, our one-year anniversary is at the end of July. We're thankful to God for a great first year, and we're praying for His grace and presence in our marriage for many more years to come.

Have a good summer!

Isn't my wife beautiful?

4 comments:

  1. Ahh! Audge, you look SOO happy! Oh girl, I am so excited and proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey! You look beautiful! Congrats to you too Pedro! :)

    ReplyDelete